Trying new techniques

Is there any other species?
11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trying new techniques

Post by 11kalnmitc » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 pm

so who offers guides for smallies, how long do i have to reserve the trip, and does it look like the smallie fishing is on the up and up or going downhill?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:04 pm

11kalnmitc wrote:so who offers guides for smallies, how long do i have to reserve the trip, and does it look like the smallie fishing is on the up and up or going downhill?
Shoot Bassmar a PM, he's the man when it comes to smallie knowledge =D>

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:09 pm

11kalnmitc wrote:so who offers guides for smallies, how long do i have to reserve the trip, and does it look like the smallie fishing is on the up and up or going downhill?
There are no formal guide services down on the southern tip of Africa. Not enough fishermen to justify it and our waters are nowhere near as large as in the States. I would suggest that you get on to one of the local forums. If you visit South Africa I am sure you will find someone willing to go fishing with you. After all who needs an excuse anyway, right? :lol:
The Smallie fishing is as good as some of the venues in the US. Bags of 20 - 25 lbs are fairly common. My PB is 7.05 lbs and a couple more just under 7lbs. 5 lb's are fairly common. Here is a link to one of the more popular forums.
http://www.bassfishing.co.za/

11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 11kalnmitc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Thats crazy, as soon as i get a chance to do a trip South Africa may be the place!
Thanks

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:23 am

Don't forget shallow cranking - the Mann's Baby 1 Minus is the king of the 0"-12" category. Work it over shallow weeds and grass and find out how good it is. Spray paint one flat black and throw it at dusk. Like many baits, the stock hooks are crap and need to be upgraded, but aside from that they are very robust baits.

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:29 am

I love cranks. There are many handmades that can be fished in the same nasty places you would throw your spinnerbait. Shot me a message if you have questions about baits. I am a handmade crank junky. lol

stalking coyote
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by stalking coyote » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 pm

socal cranker wrote:I love cranks. There are many handmades that can be fished in the same nasty places you would throw your spinnerbait. Shot me a message if you have questions about baits. I am a handmade crank junky. lol

He is not lying .. he is sick!

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 am

stalking coyote wrote:
socal cranker wrote:I love cranks. There are many handmades that can be fished in the same nasty places you would throw your spinnerbait. Shot me a message if you have questions about baits. I am a handmade crank junky. lol

He is not lying .. he is sick!
Hi, Kettle nice to meet you.