Bait Scent

Is there any other species?
JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Bait Scent

Post by JerryC » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:53 am

So i've been interested lately in the Pro-Cure lineup of bait scents, but because there are so many, im confused on what works best for what I want. I am looking for a scent for my jig baits and drop shot... thoughts?

G3Steve
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bait Scent

Post by G3Steve » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

No experience with Pro Cure, but have you considered JJ's Magic or Megastrike?

Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Inspectorlee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 am

I've used the crawfish super gel for about a year. I like that the bottle didn't leak, and that the gel is just that, a gel. It's quite thick and will not run like water, so it doesn't make a mess when you apply it. I found that I did have to use my fingers to spread the gel over the lure though; again, because it's thick, the consistency of toothpaste.

It didn't increase my catch rate that much in all honesty. I mostly fish from shore, and was able to watch many fish swim right up to my lure, watch it fall/twitch, and then swim off. They did get very close to the lure, close enough to "nose" it if they wanted to. I don't think the scent hurt me in those situations, the fish were just in an off mood.

But that's the issue, I use scents expecting them to help push a fish that's in an off mood just enough, so that they'll mouth the lure or take a nibble. I'm not picking on Pro-Cure by the way, I've used other scents and had the same experience of not being able to convert uninterested fish into biters. I still use the scents because I'm trying to use them all up.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:13 am

G3Steve wrote:No experience with Pro Cure, but have you considered JJ's Magic or Megastrike?
I use Megastrike right now but ive been hearing a lot abotu pro-cure lately.. There's just so many options to choose from.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 am

i now use bioedge

Submansd
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Submansd » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm

I have used Pro Cure scents for the last two years and find them helpful. IMHO, besides being another factor in attracting bass, scents help with removing human scent from my lures and therefore do not adversely affect how the bass will react to the bait. The earthworm scent is great on my plastic worms. I have also used threadfin shad and crawfish on appropriate baits. I do like the fact that it stays on for several casts and I do not have to keep reapplying often. I have used other scents but for the price, the long lasting gel and the scents smell like I would expect, Pro-Cure is my scent of choice for now.