Throwing Big Blades for agressive fish !!!

Is there any other species?
big_bass_spinner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Throwing Big Blades for agressive fish !!!

Post by big_bass_spinner » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:51 am

Hey, this weekend I was panfishing up at the cottage off my dock as I usually do, throwin' modified rapala's with jig trailers. I got some nice rock bass, perch and sunnys. Round about 6:30 I started throwing a modified spinner bait. I swap out all my spinnerbaits blades with large oversized willow blades. On the second cast from the dock, pullin' the white spinner over a sand and reed bed, bango! A nice 5 1/2 pounder slammed hard! A few minutes later I hooked onto a monster perch and then a monster rockbass on the same bait.

Man, you gotta love big spinners for bass. I soooooo lament the fact that Blue Fox no longer makes the Roland Martin Big Bass Spinner Bait. :x Probably the best spinnerbait ever made for my money. But for now the last two Big bass Spinner baits hang in my collection, and I used modified new spinners for hogs! :lol:

Anyone else here like to throw wrist breaking spinners?

Good fishing to all here!!! :) :D

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Throwing Big Blades for agressive fish !!!

Post by kbookert » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:30 pm

BBS, sounds like a lot of fun. Don't know of you saw this post in the Tackle section;

http://www.dealtackler.com/T3Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1708

We were talking about using big 1oz and larger spinnerbaits. If you didn't, there are some interesting posts on it.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.