Lipless crankbaits

Is there any other species?
Kodiak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lipless crankbaits

Post by Kodiak » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:59 pm

I like a steady retrieve over grass. I alternate between slowing down "tasty dying shad" over pockets, or speeding up "little shad running for his life" when I go past an ambush point. I like the tip on changing angles, Ez. Have to give that one a try.

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:52 pm

Kodiak, I like that slowing down over pockets trick... thing is, I can never see my lure while retrieving. I'm going to see if I can try a shallow retrieve with these things - either that or pull out those dang floating traps! lol

chavez
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chavez » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:50 pm

A 1/4oz chrome with blue back Spin Trap (Rat-L-Trap with one front treble and small spinning leaf blade in back) always seem to produce well for me when bass are chasing bait fish around. The leaf blade seems to provide additional flash and action besides allowing the Trap to dart a bit when ripped and paused.

I prefer to let it sink a bit (couple of feet) before starting a steady retrieve with occassional ripping and pauses. I repeat at several depths until I get bit.

I also like the Yo-Zuri Rattl'n Vibe lures.

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:06 am

Hey Fella's,

Speaking of lipless cranks, check these out from our very own team member, Terrydabassman:

Custom Cranks

I've ordered some myself and hope to check them out before long. :twisted: